Friday, October 5, 2012

Banned Books


Tomorrow is the last day of Banned Books Week, and I couldn't help but notice that some of my all time favorite books are on the list. For starters, The Giver. If you have not yet read it I highly recommend it. Also, Bless Me Ultima and The Handmaids Tale; both excellent choices. Another favorite of mine has always been James and Giant Peach. Also can you believe that Anne Frank's Dairy was banned in 2010 in Virginia???   I cannot understand why anyone would want to ban a book from other people? To encourage the imagination by reading and not be sitting in front of a TV is the one of the best things for the younger generations. I found this site, and got lost in how many books have been banned and/ or challenged over the years. 

Do me a favor this weekend, read a book that has been banned, I bet it will be the best book that you will ever read. 




-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment