Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome Home

Big change from the mid 90s I am used to in NM


Pretty center pieces for my cousins graduation party



Mine and Michelle's lunch break at the mall.



Where do I even start? This past week in California was great, my cousin Raquel graduated from high school (she will be a Wisconsin Badger next year)! I can't believe she is already going to be in college, I remember when my Nina was pregnant and when Raquel was just a baby, and now she is all grown up into a beautiful young lady. 
California consisted of lazy mornings full of coffee and family, shopping trips, and good food! The weather was colder than what I was hoping for, overall it was so nice to spend time with my family. 

Morning coffee courtesy of Nina  


This is what is on top of my coffee, and it was AMAZING.
We arrived Wednesday night, settled in and got a good nights rest. Thursday my mom took me to my first trip to Ikea! Being that I am  on a limited (very limited) budget I was very excited to see such affordable furniture, too bad we didn't drive. But that didn't leave me empty handed, I bought a watering can and a wine rack and both for under $18! After that it was my cousins graduation, then we had dinner with her boyfriends family. By the end of the day I was exhausted, needless to say I slept like a baby every night.
Friday, I was able to go to H&M and Zara, both were just as wonderful as I remember from Spain! I can't wait to incorporate the pieces I bought into my summer wardrobe. 


Helping Raquel getting ready..


Mishy being the best photographer at graduation. 
Saturday was my cousin's party, where I helped with minor detail, even though my mom and nina really did most of the prepping and cooking. I was in charge of helping Raquel and Michelle (Raquel's little sister, who is usually my partner in crime) with whatever they needed. I straightened Raquel's hair and curled Michelle's. Anything I can do to spend time with those girls makes me happy, I just love spending time with them! 
All in all, I couldn't be happier to be home, Bo was happy to see me, and it was great just to hang out with Carlos. Last night we enjoyed a beer at a local brewery near our house called Marble, and tonight I am just doing laundry. Good to be back in Albuquerque!

Marble Red.
Gave myself a mani/ pedi tonight using these colors :)
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment