Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday


Did you celebrate Mardi Gras/ Fat Tuesday yesterday before fasting during the lent season? Carlos and I did not, I made pasta with Alfredo sauce and added veggies to mine... we had no meat, which is almost a sin in itself according to Carlos. But today being Ash Wednesday we will not be eating meat again today, then one more time on Friday... I don't know how Carlos is going to get through lent since he is practically a carnivore. After church this morning we used a couple gift cards my brother gave us to eat breakfast at The Grove Cafe. It was adorable inside, with fresh flowers, cookbooks, and lovely kitchen accessories. I had oatmeal and Mr. Ortega had their pancakes that were topped with grapes and strawberries. We had a wonderful morning, and now he is off to bed and I am getting ready to go to class, and possibly meet a friend for lunch. Have a great day guys!
-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment