Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lately


Life has been flying by it seems... Along with lots and lots of laundry...my internship will be coming to an end before I know it- I hope it does not end- school is getting tougher and tougher (FOCUS!!), and there is that crispness of winter in the air. Recently I wrote a post on banned books, which featured one of my favorite books, Bless Me, Ultima. The book written by Rudolfo Anaya has recently been turned into a movie, and one of the best movies. It is now one of Carlos's favorites. If it is showing near you, I highly recommend it. Also, the SF Giants are playing in the 2012 World Series!! I am currently watching game number one as I am writing this (8-1: Giants). 
Lastly, I was recently at my grandparent's house where my grandma and I already started talking about what we would be eating on Christmas Eve, at my house. We even talked about taking a walk around old town after we eat and open presents. 

That's all that has been going on around here, have a wonderful weekend.
-Jamie

Before I forget, a professor who has inspired me recently published a book on  her field work in Oaxaca, Mexico. Today was the signing and reading of it and I could not have been more excited to have spent time with her in Mexico when I studied there a few years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment